Crowdfunding: The New Way to Receive Funds
Crowdfunding is relatively the new phenomenon in receiving funding for new ventures. This new way of funding cuts out the traditional ways for new ventures to receive funding. Crowdfunding allows people anywhere in the world to invest in the projects they choose. This emerging industry gives projects that would normally be unfunded a chance to receive funding they desperately need to make their dream a reality.
Is crowdfunding for you?
Creating a campaign for crowdfunding requires a lot of preparation. Project owners should ensure they do everything in their power to make their campaign a success. With this in mind, every project should have the following:
- A description of the project (Clarity and transparency)
- Funding target
- Network (Market and target)
- Project image
- Project video
Give a description of your project idea, cover the who, what, when, where, why, and how of your project. Be authentic. Add photos to personalize your page. You can add video links that help tell your story.
Does your campaign fall in any of our categories?
Learn more about our project categories: Explore Now
First thing to do when you get on the ISupportJamaica.com is to 'Sign Up'. When you sign up, this ensures full access to the platform.
Start by clicking the 'Sign Up' or the 'Login' button found at the top of the page. You can also register using your Facebook account.
Crowdfunding Launch Formula
Running a campaign is a great deal of fun and a considerable measure of work. Ensure you're prepared before you launch!
- Create a Facebook page.
- Create/launch Facebook ads.
- Create a call to action on Facebook and link it to your campaign.
- Post 4 - 5 times a day with mini videos and pictures your audience will like.
- Organized a team to handle various tasks during your campaign.
- Analyze other campaigns to see what's been done, there target amount, how much they raised, the average donation and the project duration.
- Set up an email service. This method will allow you to mass email all the people whose email addresses you have.
- Create graphics for your project.
- Shoot a video.
- Build a landing page before you launch your project.
- Create perks and price ranges for donors.
Crowdfunding Rule of Thumb (SEBI)
Strategic SOCIAL Media.
- Pick the networks that best match your marketing and content strategies and where your potential supporters are most likely to be found.
Success is about ENGAGING your audience!
- Do nothing once your project is live, and the odds are that nothing will happen.
Let them BELIEVE in what you do and why you do it.
- Crowdfunding starts with your friends, family and existing fan base. Encourage them to contribute!
Build INTEREST before you close.
- Even before you launch your campaign, you can drum up interest in your project. With a solid fan base in place, your campaign will get to a good start.
Kickstart your campaign (Raise $2,000 in 10 days!)
Invest in your project, BUILD momentum!
- Put in your $200 donation
- Ask four family members to donate $100 each
- Ask three friends to donate $100 each
- Ask two co-workers to donate $50 each
- Ask your boss to donate $150
- Ask two local merchants to donate $100 each
- Ask three neighbours to donate $50 each
- Ask two doctors to donate $100 each
- Ask two people from church $50 each
- Ask four friends of your parents to donate $50 each
Still need some assistance?
Visit our FAQ page or contact us at ISupportJamaica@jnbank.com